Irrespective, there are so many amazing fathers that I know. Number 1 being mine of course. So taking a leaf from Vera, here are some reasons why I love my very eccentric dad!
7) He's super intelligent! My dad is extremely brilliant, he knows a little bit about everything, and when he does not know he goes out of his way to seek knowledge. It is such an important quality because so many people take pride in their ignorance. He recently bought a laptop and made my lil bro teach him how to use the internet, just so he can be aware. I learnt this from him, so I am always trying to learn new things.
6) He never forgets! This can also be a very annoying thing, cause he will always remind you of any times you messed up. But mostly it is a great quality, cause he never forgets people even if he just met them once. If he drives somewhere once, he will remember the way there 10 years later. I am the exact opposite, and cannot even remember what happened yesterday!
5) He's charming! My dad can charm the pants out anyone, men, women, children, black, white. From a police officer, to a maid to the minister. He can get along with anyone, talk about anything and get them to see things his way. The amount of times he's manipulated his way by just turning up the charm is unreal. I don't think I am as charming, but I do get along with everyone!
4) He's Proud! He is proud of himself, his family, his culture, religion and country and never apologises for it. Even though he's also a huge critic of anything that's not doing well, including himself, he will always stand up for anyone and anything he believes in. He finds it hard to apologize when he feels he's right and will fight till he wins. This is why he could never work in government because he can never kiss ass for favours. This pride, I have also inherited!
3)He's Hardworking, he built and made everything he is today from scratch with no help from anybody but himself and God. I pray I can be like this too
2) He never gives up. Leading back to the above
1) He loves me!
Hope you guys dedicate today to all the great fathers in your life.